About Los Altos Auxiliary of
The ladies of the Los Altos Auxiliary work specifically to enhance the lives of the emotionally and physically abused boys, aged six through eighteen, living at the El Nido campus, a residential home in Altadena.
With funds generated from both our members and generous supporters within our community, we have been able to help enrich the lives of the residents with large scale campus improvements such as their first on campus library, computer stations, a silk screening business and an art center. Other Los Altos funded projects such as remodeled bathrooms and outdoor landscaping have also increased the value of the property and the overall lifestyle on campus.
Our more “hands-on” approach includes:
- hand-making fleece blankets for all the boys and letting them choose their favorite during a hosted ice cream social.
- organizing an annual Halloween Carnival to give the boys a chance to play games, decorate pumpkins and choose prizes
- home-made cupcakes and Target gift cards delivered to the monthly birthday boys (sometimes their only gift and celebration).
- planning a food truck dinner and video game night for all the boys and El Nido staff
- stuffing and distributing Easter bags in the spring
- delivering Target gift cards and Christmas cards during the holiday
Additionally, we fund a trip to Disneyland on Christmas Day for those boys who cannot spend the holiday with their families as well as other outings to theme parks, baseball and basketball games, movies, the L.A. Zoo and the beach during the summer months.
All the above has fostered healing and individual growth for these boys and their gratitude makes it all worth it. We can and do make a difference in their lives.
Our Tax ID # is 95-1691005.